Ceridian LifeWorks and Pacific First Partnership
Why do I need an EAP?
The employees of your organization drive your business and their performance is ultimately the determinant of your success. However, performance and productivity are compromised by problems that employees face in both their work and personal lives. Concerns related to stress, grief, substance abuse, health, legal, financial, and marital can drastically affect an employee’s ability to function at work and manage at home.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Imagine how much your organization could accomplish with healthier, even more productive employees.
Join the more than 8,500 Canadian organizations that already trust Ceridian LifeWorks to support more than one million employees and their families. Employees and their immediate family members can access LifeWorks’ services online any time, and connect with qualified, professional counsellors. LifeWorks delivers 95 percent of its EAP services in person, and only using specialized, rather than general, counsellors. LifeWorks has been offering Employee Assistance Plan Services since 1974.
Program Description: LifeWorks offers expert advice, support, and information through confidential consultations, counselling, and work-life and wellness services, as well as referrals to community resources, and any time access to a secure program website, www.lifeworks.com and mobile app. LifeWorks can help employees and their immediate family members find the support and resources they need to address work-related and personal concerns related to life, family, health, and money. In fact, if anything is troubling an employee or a member of his/her immediate family, the individual should immediately contact the service.
Access: Employees and their eligible dependents have access to expert work-life/wellness program consultants and qualified counsellors 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, by toll-free number. Employees can also connect with LifeWorks online 24/7 (www.lifeworks.com) or by mobile app. The service is fully bilingual (English/French) and there is TTY access for the hearing impaired.
Services included within LifeWorks:
- 24/7 service centres for confidential consultations: Every contact is answered by a knowledgeable, caring LifeWorks consultant, who can provide support and strategies, and recommend helpful resources and tools.
- By phone to address immediate needs: If immediate support is required, a consultant can directly connect an individual by phone to a specialized professional counsellor with a minimum of a Master’s Degree in counselling, social work, psychology, or a related social services profession. Counsellors can also support individuals through assessments, referrals, planning, and follow-ups.
- In-person: A referral to a counsellor from LifeWorks’ network of more than 3,000 professional affiliates located across Canada may be provided for face-to-face counselling.
- By chat and video: Confidential, secure chat or video counselling with specialized members of our professional counsellor network is also available, if deemed clinically appropriate and depending on individual preferences.
- By referral to specialized counsellors: LifeWorks can offer referrals to specialized counsellors for legal, financial, and management issues.
24/7 Service Centres: Every contact is answered by a trained consultant, providing employees with confidential access to resources, tools and support.
Specialized Counsellors: If required, employees can access immediate support by phone from specialized professionals with a minimum of a Master’s Degree in counselling, social work, psychology or a related social services profession. Counsellors can also support employees through assessments, referrals, planning and follow-ups.
In-Person Counselling: Referrals to LifeWorks’ network of more than 3,000 professional counsellors and affiliates across Canada may be provided for in-person counselling.
LifeWorks Online and LifeWorks Mobile: Confidential access to practical information and educational resources via an award-winning EAP website and the LifeWorks Mobile app available for iPhone, BlackBerry, and Android smartphones.
LifeWorks Chat and Video Counselling: Confidential and secure chat or video counselling session with specialized members of our professional counsellor network.
Consultations: Confidential consultations on work-life issues and concerns with qualified experts.
Critical Incident Stress Management: A team with credentials including MSW, RSW, Mitchell, NOVA, Board Certified Expert in Traumatic Stress and Certified Trauma Specialist (CTS). Includes one three-hour session. Additional sessions provided on a cost plus basis.